TipsyBite's Strawberry Mule Recipe
Cheers, y'all! 🥂 It's Fri-yay Eve! We're here to help you celebrate with a #thirstythursday cocktail from DC blogger, @thetipsybite. In addition to food|drink|lifestyle blogging, Gabi shares her #vinowednesday recommendations every week. Check it out for great picks and affordable sips to get you through this summer.
What's your favorite summer cocktail? Today, we're sharing Gabi's take on one of our faves, the Moscow Mule. Copper mugs are optional with her strawberry basil version: because it's easier to 'Gram your pink drink in a glass! And this is the perfect time of year to make one, with strawberries and basil in season. Here's her recipe...
Strawberry Basil Moscow Mule
* 2 oz. vodka (I like @titosvodka)
* 1 oz. fresh lime juice (don’t get that bottled garbage) – this is about ½ of a lime, use more to taste
* 3-4 strawberries
* 2-3 basil leaves
* 2 oz. ginger beer (I like Fever Tree and Q Mixers)
1. Cut your strawberries in half, and add them plus the basil to the bottom of a shaker tin. Using a muddler, smash them together until chunky and combined. Add your lime juice. Add a large handful of ice to the shaker tin, followed by your vodka.
2. Shake vigorously for 15-20 seconds.
3. Strain over fresh ice into a double old fashioned glass or copper mug. Top with ginger beer. Garnish with sliced strawberry and basil leaf, if you're feeling fancy - just give the basil leaf a good smack first to release the aroma.
For all you mocktail lovers, keep an eye out next week: we're talking shrubs. Until then, cheers!